Large Group and National Account Insurance (100+ Employees)
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield works with employers large and small to help them tackle challenges like retaining a productive workforce while still controlling costs. CareFirst is a not-for-profit company whose mission is to improve quality of health, increase access to care and reduce financial barriers to care.
We believe health insurance shouldn’t be difficult. Our solutions include:
- Network options—from the broadest selection of providers to an affordable high-performance network
- Tailored plans with flexible solutions
- Better member experience to empower consumers
We believe in keeping your employees healthy while controlling costs. To meet this goal we offer:
- Provider access to the largest network – driving the greatest discounts
- A Whole Health discount of up to 2.5% off medical premiums for bundling medical and specialty products
- Care management programs that help at-risk and sick members increase access to quality care and reduce costs
- Plans that increase member awareness of cost effective and efficient care settings
- Consumer tools and wellness solutions to engage employees
What matters to you, matters to us. As part of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) family of health plans, CareFirst delivers innovative programs that better our local communities and unite them through an extensive national network. CareFirst makes health care work better by:Strongest Leverage
- Most recognized and trusted brand. One in three Americans choose Blue.
- Unmatched provider access. 97 percent of claims paid in-network—more than any other carrier.
- Lowest cost. our market power allows us to negotiate industry-leading discounts averaging 54 percent.
- Distinctively local programs. Local value-based BCBS programs tailored to address the unique needs of our communities across the country.
- Power of size and scale. Greater provider program participation improves standards for patient care.
- Redefined engagement. We measure true engagement through one-on-one interactions, not just through use of mobile app.
- Primary care providers (PCPs) at the center of care. We hold PCPs accountable for the total cost and quality of care for their patients.
- Patient-focused clinical nurses work directly with PCPs. Individual, hands-on support delivered to our members who need it most.
- Empower providers with previously unobtainable data. We equip PCPs with our proprietary data system to better manage and maintain patients’ health.
Better insights, better health care, every community.
CareFirst has long-standing relationships with 1.3 million U.S. providers. We support their efforts to provide better health care by coordinating care among patients’ doctors.
From your healthiest employees to those most in-need, our programs provide the right support at the right time to achieve the best outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
Our care management programs help doctors deliver care and ensure adherence to treatment through:
- Dedicated nurses
- Access to the full picture of a patient’s health
- Coordination with a top pharmacy program
- Support for chronic conditions, behavioral health and substance use disorders and more
CareFirst provides integrated wellness and disease management programs for your employees as part of our medical plans. These programs are designed to encourage your employees to stay healthy by taking an active role in their own care.
Blue Rewards is our incentive program which enables employees to earn rewards to offset their health care costs. Employees earn these rewards by engaging in health activities designed to help them get, and stay, healthy.
A comprehensive health assessment and other online wellness programs are offered to all employees including one-on-one lifestyle and disease management coaching, weight management, tobacco cessation, wellness discounts and more.
For employers who elect fully insured coverage, these wellness and incentive programs engage your employees to make healthy changes in their lives—and these programs are available at no additional cost to you.
For employers who elect self-insured coverage, most wellness services are built into your medical coverage, however some services may result in a claims cost.
CareFirst offers a comprehensive suite of medical plans designed for the unique needs of businesses with 200+ employees. To help control costs, some of our plans offer:
- Smart Selections. A benefit design that encourages members to choose more cost effective and efficient care settings that save both the member and employer money.
- Consumer-directed health plans (CDH). A benefit design with HSA, HRA and FSA products to help members control their costs and benefit from various tax advantages. Our CDH plans simplify the member’s experience, allowing them to easily access and use their funds.
All our medical plans offer at no additional cost:
- Wellness & Disease Management. These programs provide dedicated support specific to the members to help them improve their health.
- Blue Rewards. Our incentive program encourages your employees to participate in preventive health activities and enables employees to earn rewards to offset health care costs.
- Core Medical Programs. Includes all of our care management programs, telemedicine options, and more.
The total health of your employees is important. CareFirst offers employer-sponsored and voluntary dental and vision options. These popular, add-on group benefits include:
- Group Dental Insurance. Good dental care is an important part of an employees’ overall health. Our large, national dental network means nearly nine out of 10 members already use in-network providers, which helps you and your employees lower costs.
- Group Vision Insurance. CareFirst provides your employees the benefits of reduced out-of-pocket costs, free frames, and over 93,000 nationwide provider locations. Our employers rate their satisfaction with CareFirst Vision at 97 percent.