The Carefirst Employer Portal will be performing a scheduled maintenance from Friday, December 8th @ 4 AM until Sunday, December 10th @ 10 PM. During this time, the portal will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
About CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Is the largest healthcare insurer in the Mid-Atlantic region, serving 3.5 million members.
- Employs over 9,500 employees and contractors in Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia.
- Operates the nation’s largest Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program of its kind.
- Serves approximately 627,000 members in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) – one of the largest FEHBP enrollments in the nation.
- Offers Congressional Employees and their families access to more than 96 percent of hospitals and 95 percent of doctors and specialists across the U.S. – more than any other insurer
- Nationally recognized for Plan Excellence for providing stellar customer service by being awarded the Excellent Service Experience Profile Award for 26 consecutive years for D.C. FEP members and 19 consecutive years for Maryland FEP members.
- Invested $24.1 million in 2022 to improve overall health, and increase the accessibility, affordability, safety and quality of health care throughout its market areas.
- Earned recognition as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" from the Ethisphere Institute every year since 2013.
- Revenue: $11.8 Billion
- Medical Care Spending: $9.9 Billion