Small Group Insurance (2-50 Employees)
Growing your business and taking care of your employees—we are here to help.
Retaining good employees is key to your company’s success. Health insurance continues to be the most important employee benefit to workers. We know your employees’ health is important to your business and your bottom line. We offer plans designed to maximize the value of your health care coverage and provide seamless solutions so you can focus on your business.
In our region, 70 percent of small businesses that offer health insurance choose CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield. Here are some of the reasons why:
- All-in, predictable health care costs
- More services in front of the deductible
- Easy plan enrollment and management
- Most recognized and trusted brand in the industry
- Largest provider network across the country
- Plans that cover both medical and pharmacy
- Solutions for dental, vision, life and disability, and international coverage
- Incentive programs to help employees save money
What matters to you, matters to us. Small businesses are vital to our local communities. When it comes to health insurance for your employees we want to help you succeed by improving quality of health, controlling cost and creating a better experience.
As one of the world’s most ethical companies, we offer the following reasons to choose CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield:
- Market power. One in three Americans choose Blue, and more doctors accept Blue.
- Largest network. 100 percent of regional hospitals are in-network. 97 percent of claims are paid in-network nationally. This means lower costs for you and your employees.
- Plan flexibility and choice. Plans developed with small business in mind include consumer-directed health plans and value-added network designs.
- All-in costs. We build in our wellness benefits to offer your employees these programs – at no charge to you.
Better Insights, better health care, every community.
CareFirst has long-standing relationships with 1.3 million U.S. providers. We support their efforts to provide better health care by coordinating care among patients’ doctors.
From your healthiest employees to those most in-need, our programs provide the right support at the right time to achieve the best outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
Our care management programs help doctors deliver care and ensure adherence to treatment through:
- Dedicated nurses
- Access to the full picture of a patient’s health
- Coordination with a top pharmacy program
- Support for chronic conditions, behavioral health and substance use disorders, and more
CareFirst provides integrated wellness programs for your employees as part of our medical plans, so there is no additional cost to you.
Blue Rewards is our incentive program which enables employees to earn rewards to offset their health care costs. Employees earn these rewards by engaging in health activities designed to help them get, and stay, healthy.
A comprehensive health assessment and other online wellness programs are offered to all employees including tobacco cessation, wellness discounts and more.
Our wellness and Blue Rewards incentive programs engage your employees to make healthy changes in their lives—and it costs you, the small business customer, nothing.
CareFirst offers small businesses a product portfolio of over 60 plans:
- All plans are ACA compliant
- All plans include pharmacy
To help the small business owner control costs:
- Our pharmacy benefit encourages members to choose lower-cost, preferred drugs through cost-shares and awareness efforts.
- Our site-of-service plans encourage members to choose more cost effective and efficient care settings by providing savings to the member.
- Our consumer-directed health plans (CDH) are benefit designs paired with a leading HSA/HRA administrator to help members make smart choices with their health care money.
The total health of your employees is important. CareFirst offers employer-sponsored or voluntary (no cost to the employer) dental and vision options. These popular, add-on group benefits include:
- Group Dental Insurance. Good dental care is an important part of your employees’ overall health. Our large dental network means nearly nine out of 10 members already use in-network providers, which helps you and your employees lower claim costs.
- Group Vision Insurance. CareFirst provides your employees the benefits of reduced out-of-pocket costs, free frames, and over 67,000 nationwide provider locations. Our employers rate their satisfaction with CareFirst Vision at 97 percent.
As of January 1, 2015, the Employer Mandate requires employers with 50 or more full-time employees to offer health coverage to employees. The employer-offered health coverage must meet certain requirements. If the employer does not offer health coverage or the coverage does not meet the mandated requirements, the employer will be subject to a penalty also known as a Shared Responsibility Payment.
Employers with less than 50 employees are not subject to the Employer Mandate. If they offer coverage, they must offer an ACA-compliant plan unless they are in a “grandfathered” plan.
ACA requires certain benefits must be covered and certain restrictions must be removed. Below are some of ACA’s impacts:
- All ACA-compliant plans must offer the 10 Essential Health Benefits (including emergency services, hospitalization, maternity and newborn care, lab services, etc.)
- Lifetime dollar limits are not allowed
- Pre-existing conditions must be covered immediately and cannot be used as a reason to deny coverage
There are many reasons to offer CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield health insurance. Here are the top five reasons for you, the small business owner, to offer CareFirst to your employees:
- Attract and retain talent
- Bottom-line savings
- Increased productivity
- Comprehensive support and benefits
- Hassle-free administration