Mid-sized Group Insurance (51-99 Employees)
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield works with employers large and small to help them tackle challenges like retaining a productive and healthy workforce while still controlling costs. CareFirst is a not-for-profit company whose mission is to improve quality of health, increase access to care and reduce financial barriers to care.
We believe health insurance shouldn’t be difficult. Our solutions include:
- Easy plan enrollment and management for you and your broker
- Tailored plans with benefit options to meet your needs
- Broadest network, greatest discounts
We believe in keeping your employees healthy and your costs down with affordable, value-based plans. To meet this goal we offer:
- Provider access in the largest network
- A Whole Health discount of up to 2.5% off medical premiums for bundling medical and specialty products
- Care management programs that help at-risk and sick members increase access to quality care and reduce costs
- Plans that increase member awareness of cost effective and efficient care settings
- Consumer tools and wellness solutions to engage employees
What matters to you, matters to us. When it comes to health insurance for your employees we want to help you succeed by improving quality of health, controlling cost and creating a better experience.
As one of the world’s most ethical companies, we offer the following reasons to choose CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield:
- Market power. Allows us to negotiate industry leading discounts.
- Largest network. 100 percent of regional hospitals are in-network. 97 percent of claims are paid in-network nationally. This means lower costs for you and your employees.
- Plan flexibility and choice. We offer both fully insured and self-insured options for payment flexibility, and many plans with HSA or HRA options.
- All-in costs. We offer bundled pricing for our medical and pharmacy benefits and wellness programs at no extra charge.
Better insights, better health care, every community.
CareFirst has long-standing relationships with 1.3 million U.S. providers. We support their efforts to provide better health care by coordinating care among patients’ doctors.
From your healthiest employees to those most in-need, our programs provide the right support at the right time to achieve the best outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
Our care management programs help doctors deliver care and ensure adherence to treatment through:
- Dedicated nurses
- Access to the full picture of a patient’s health
- Coordination with a top pharmacy program
- Support for chronic conditions, behavioral health and substance use disorders, and more
CareFirst provides integrated wellness and disease management programs for your employees as part of our medical plans. These programs are designed to encourage your employees to stay healthy by taking an active role in their own care.
Blue Rewards is our incentive program which enables employees to earn rewards to offset their health care costs. Employees earn these rewards by engaging in health activities designed to help them get, and stay, healthy.
A comprehensive health assessment and other online wellness programs are offered to all employees including one-on-one lifestyle and disease management coaching, weight management, tobacco cessation, wellness discounts and more.
For employers who elect fully insured coverage, these wellness and incentive programs engage your employees to make healthy changes in their lives—and these programs are available at no additional cost to you.
For employers who elect self-insured coverage, most wellness services are built into your medical coverage, however some services may result in a claims cost.
CareFirst offers a comprehensive suite of medical plans designed for the unique needs of businesses with 51-199 employees. To help control costs, some of our plans offer:
- Smart Selections. A benefit design that encourages members to choose more cost effective and efficient care settings that save both the member and employer money.
- Consumer-directed health plans (CDH). We offer benefit designs paired with a leading HSA/HRA administrator to help members make smart choices with their health care money.
All our medical plans offer at no additional cost:
- Wellness & Disease Management. These programs provide dedicated support specific to the members to help them improve their health.
- Blue Rewards. Our incentive program encourages your employees to participate in preventive health activities and enables employees to earn rewards to offset health care costs.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). Our PCMH program enables the primary care provider (PCP) to better coordinate health care with members’ doctors, pharmacies and hospitals. This focused support results in better health outcomes.
The total health of your employees is important. CareFirst offers employer-sponsored or voluntary (no cost to the employer) dental and vision options. These popular, add-on group benefits include:
- Group Dental Insurance. Good dental care is an important part of an employee’s overall health. Our large, national dental network means nearly nine out of 10 members already use in-network providers, which helps you and your employees lower claim costs.
- Group Vision Insurance. CareFirst provides your employees the benefits of reduced out-of-pocket costs, free frames, and over 93,000 nationwide provider locations. Our employers rate their satisfaction with CareFirst Vision at 97 percent.